The Melrose has been specifically engineered to meet the needs of semi-ambulant and non-ambulant users.
The Melrose addresses pressure management issues and provides adaptable support for neurological and postural conditions. This chair provides carers with a number of options to enable regular repositioning of users to redistribute pressure and support pressure care management:
- An in-built tilt in space movement is operated from the push handle allowing the chair to be gently reclined in a range of positions maintaining a constant back angle.
- The backrest and leg rest can be separately adjusted providing a further range of back and leg angle combinations to support improved posture and pressure management. Couple this to the angle and height adjustable footplates and this makes the Melrose Repose's most versatile pressure management porter chair.
As with our other healthcare chairs the Melrose can be fitted quickly to each individual user and there are a range of specialist back cushions and pressure management seat cushions to choose from to meet specific support challenges.
Interested in the Melrose chair?
- All of the covers are quickly removable for ease of cleaning and change.
Replacement covers are available for all of these removable covers:
- Removable seat cushion cover
- Removable arm cover
- Removable wing cover
- Removable footplate cover
- Removable contoured leg rest cover
- The Melrose combines Tilt in Space, Independent Recline, Independent Leg Rest, Footplate and Seat Depth actions with a range of seat and back cushion options to offer an extensive range of postural and pressure management positions.
- Tilt in space movementUsing the left hand lever on the push handle the chair can be gently reclined in a range of positions maintaining a constant back angle. The back locks into position when the lever is released. The push handle comes with rubber grips.
- Independent backrest reclineUsing the right hand lever on the push handle the backrest can be reclined independently providing a range of back angles. The back locks into position when the lever is released. Enhanced posture and pressure management options are available by combining this movement with the leg rest and footplate adjustment.
- Independent leg rest movementThe leg rest angle can be changed independently of the backrest and footplate movements to provide additional posture and pressure management options. Simply pull the lever on the side of the chair and this will release the leg rest so that you can adjust to the required angle for the users comfort, including a negative leg rest angle A. The leg rest locks when the lever is raised. The leg rest is contoured, with padding on either side to support the legs splaying over the side.
- Optional footplatesThe Melrose has a choice of adjustable footplates that further extend the range of posture and pressure management options, particularly when combined with the leg rest and backrest movements.
- Interchangeable back cushionsThe interchangeable back cushions can be replaced with five other back options, designed to meet a range of needs.
- Interchangeable seat cushionsSeat and back cushions are upholstered in a four-way stretch, vapour permeable fabric to aid pressure care. The fabric is washable at 95°C and available in a range of colours. Choose from a range of interchangeable pressure seat cushion options to meet the specific needs of the user.